1. Bayyurt, Y. (in progress). Equity and Inclusivity and Non-Native English-Speaking Teachers. In John I. Liontas (Ed.), The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching. New Jersey, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
2. Bayyurt, Y., Lopriore, L. & Vettorel, P. (in progress). Raising English language teachers’ awareness towards WE/ELF-aware materials evaluation. In Martin-Rubio, X. (Ed.), Contextualizing ELF: From data to insights. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
3. Kemaloğlu-Er, E. & Bayyurt, Y. (in progress). ELF-aware Pre-Service Teacher Education: Teaching Practices and Reflections from Turkey. In L. Cavalheiro (Ed.). Preparing English Language Teachers for Today’s Globalized World. Lisbon: ULICES – University of Lisbon Center for English Studies.
4. Kemaloğlu-Er, E. & Bayyurt, Y. (in progress). ELF-awareness in teaching and teacher education:Explicit and implicit ways of integrating ELF into the English language
classroom. In N. Sifakis & N. Tsantila (Eds.), English as a Lingua Franca for EFL Contexts. Clevedon, UK: Multilingual Matters.
5. Kaçar, I. G. & Bayyurt, Y. (2018). ELF-aware pre-service teacher education to promote glocal interactions: A case study in Turkey. In Selvi, A. F. & Rudolph. N. (Eds.), Conceptual Shifts and Contextualized Practices in Education for Glocal Interaction – Issues and Implications. Singapore: Springer (ISBN: 978-981-10-6420-3).
6. Llurda, E., Bayyurt, Y. & Sifakis, N. (2018). Raising teachers’ awareness about English and English as a lingua franca. In P. Garrett & J. Cots (Eds.) The Routledge Handbook of Language Awareness (pp. 155-169) . London: Routledge (ISBN: 978-1-13-893704-8).
7. Sifakis, N. & Bayyurt, Y. (2018). ELF-aware teaching, learning and teacher development. In J. Jenkins, W. Baker & M. Dewey (Eds.), Handbook of English as a Lingua Franca (pp. 456-467). London: Routledge (ISBN: 978-1-13-885532-8).
8. Bayyurt, Y. (2017). Non-native English language teachers’ perceptions of “culture” in English language classrooms in a post-EFL era. In J. de Dios Martinez Agudo (Ed.), Native and Non-Native Teachers in Second Language Classrooms: Professional Challenges and Teacher Education (pp. 139-159). Berlin: De Gruyter.
9. Bayyurt, Y. & Sifakis, N. (2017). Foundations of an EIL-aware teacher education. In A. Matsuda (Ed.), Preparing Teachers to Teach English as an International Language (pp. 3-18). Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
10. Kural, F. & Bayyurt, Y. (2017). Interculturality of graduate Turkish sojourners in the context of English L1 Countries. In J. Mathews-Aydınlı (Ed.). International Education Exchanges and Intercultural Understanding – Promoting Peace and Global Relations (pp. 157-179). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
11. Bayyurt, Y. & Martı, L. (2016). Cross-linguistic effects in the use of suggestion formulas by L2 Turkish learners. In A. Gürel (Ed.), Second Language Acquisition of Turkish (pp.195-219). Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
12. Bağ, E. & Bayyurt, Y. (2015). Gender Representations in EFL Textbooks in Turkey. In Mills, S. & Mustapha, A.S. (Eds.), Gender Representation in Learning Materials: International Perspectives (pp. 64-85). London: Routledge (ISBN: 978-1-13-879062-9).
13. Bayyurt, Y. & Sifakis, N. (2015a). Developing an ELF-aware pedagogy: Insights from a self-education programme. In P. Vettorel (Ed.), New Frontiers in Teaching and Learning English (pp. 55-76). Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing (ISBN: 978-1-4438-7458-8).
14. Bayyurt, Y. and Sifakis, N. (2015b). ELF-aware In-Service Teacher Education: A Transformative Perspective. In H. Bowles and A. Cogo (eds.), International perspectives on Teaching English as a lingua franca (pp. 117-135). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan (ISBN: 978-1-13-739807-9).
15. Bayyurt, Y., Erçetin, G. & Karataş, N.B. (2014). The stages in Mobile-Assisted Language Learning Material Development. In Kalz, M., Bayyurt, Y. & M. Specht (Eds.), Mobile as Mainstream – Towards Future Challenges in Mobile Learning (pp. 339-350). London: Springer.
16. Bayyurt, Y. & Yalçın, Ş. (2014). Content Based Instruction. In Çelik, S. (Ed.), Approaches and Principles in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) Education (pp. 200-223). Ankara: Eğiten Kitap.
17. Bayyurt, Y. (2012). Proposing a Model for English Language Education in the Turkish Socio-cultural context. In Y. Bayyurt & Y. Bektaş-Çetinkaya (Eds.), Research Perspectives on Teaching and Learning English in Turkey: Policies and Practices (pp. 301-312). Frankfurt: Peter Lang (ISBN 978-3-631-63334-2, hbk).
18. Bayyurt, Y. & Altınmakas, D. (2012). A World Englishes course at a foundation university in Turkey. In A. Matsuda (Ed.), Teaching English as an international language: Principles and practices (169-182). Clevedon, UK: Multilingual Matters (ISBN-13: 978-184769-703-5, hbk; ISBN-13: 978-1-84769-702-8, pbk).
19. Bayyurt, Y. & Martı, L. (2012). The use of suggestion formulas by nonnative speakers of English in an EFL context. In M.D. Garcia-Pastor (Ed.), Teaching English as a Foreign Language: Proposals for the Language Classroom (pp. 157-181). Catarroja, Valencia: Perifèric Edicions (ISBN 978-84-92435-47-0).
20. Bayyurt, Y. (2010). A sociolinguistic profile of Turkey, Northern Cyprus and other Turkic States in Central Asia. In M.J. Ball (Ed.), The Routledge Handbook of Sociolinguistics Around the World (pp. 117-127). London: Routledge.
21. Bayyurt, Y. (2010). Author positioning in academic writing. S. Zyngier & V. Viana (Eds.), Avaliaçoes e perspectivas: mapeando os estudos empiricos na area de Humanas (Appraisals and perspectives: mapping empirical studies in the Humanities)(pp. 163-184). Rio de Janeiro: The Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.
22. Bayyurt, Y. (2010). Task based language learning and teaching. B. Haznedar, & H. Uysal (Eds.). Handbook for Teaching Foreign Languages to Young Learners in Primary Schools (pp. 89-118). Ankara: Anı Yayıncılık.
23. Bayyurt, Y. (2009). Türkçenin yabancı dil olarak öğretiminde kültür kavramı ve sınıf ortamına yansıması (The involvement of the concept of culture in Turkish as a Foreign Language Classroms). D. Yaylı & Y. Bayyurt (Eds.), Yabancılara Türkçe Öğretimi: Politika, Yöntem ve Beceriler (29-42). Ankara: Anı Yayıncılık.
24. Bayyurt, Y. (2009)(reprint). Non-native English language teachers’ perspective on culture in English as a Foreign Language classrooms. In P. Hedge, N. Andon, & M. Dewey (Eds.), Major Themes in Education: English Language Teaching, Volume 5 (pp. 340-357). New York, NY: Routledge.
25. Bayyurt, Y. & Litosseliti, L. (2006). Gender and language in education. L. Litosseliti, Gender and Language: Theory and Practice (pp. 73-89). London: Arnold.
26. Bayyurt, Y. & Bayraktaroğlu, A. (2001). The use of pronouns and terms of address in Turkish service encounters. A. Bayraktaro.lu & M. Sifianou (Eds.), Linguistic Politeness: A Case of Greek and Turkish (pp. 209-240). Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
27. Bayyurt, Y. & Alptekin, C. (2000). EFL syllabus design for Turkish young learners in bilingual school contexts. J. Moon & M. Nikolov (Eds.). Research into Teaching English to Young Learners (pp. 312-322). Pécs: Pécs University Press.
28. Bayyurt, Y. (1994). Experiencing the decision making stages of a research degree during the first year. M.S.Alavi & A.M.de Mejia (Eds.), Data Analysis in Applied Linguistics (pp. 6-14). Lancaster: Lancaster University Publications.