MATH222 - Group Theory
This is a first course in abstract algebra which aims to present the basics of group theory. In expansive terms, we could say that group theory studies symmetry. (The word symmetry is generally understood in geometric sense, that's not the only thing meant here and what is meant will be clear after a few weeks.) Syllabus below has more detailed information.
Here are the notes I take for this course.
(You might need to refresh the page to get the latest file.)
* For the PS times and places follow this
* The list of students that can take the final exam will be announced at this
* The make-up for the midterm exams will take place together with the make-up for final exam. The date and time of that will be determined by the university and will be announced at the registration page.
* EXAM DATES:
* MIDTERM 1: November 2, 15:00, NH405. The exam covers sections 1-13 of the course book. (Except section 12, which is not done in class.) Exam will be 90 minutes long.
* MIDTERM 2: November 30, 15:00, NH105. The exam covers sections 1-17, 34-36 of the course book. (Except section 12, which is not done in class.) Exam will be 120 minutes long.
* FINAL: January 5, 10:00.